Skip to content
Selected Publications Associated with Stakeholder Maps
- Mittleman, Barbara, Garry Neil, and Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld. 2013. Precompetitive consortia in biomedicine-How are we doing? Nature Biotechnology Vol. 31(11) (979-985). https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.2731
- Project on Stakeholder Alignment in Complex Systems and Principal Investigators for NSF EarthCube End-User PI Workshops. 2013. Open Data: Crediting a Culture of Cooperation. (29 November) Science, Letters, v. 342: 1041-1042. https://www.jstor.org/stable/42913757
- Knight, Eric, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, and Barbara Mittleman. 2015. The Art of Managing Complex Collaborations. Sloan Management Review Vol. 57(1) (August: 16-19). https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/the-art-of-managing-complex-collaborations/
- Hansen, Brooks, Kerstin Lehnert, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld. 2015. Committing to Publishing Data in the Earth and Space Sciences, Eos Transactions, American Geophysical Union, January. https://eos.org/agu-news/committing-publishing-data-earth-space-sciences
- Stakeholder Alignment Collaboration. 2016. Build It, But Will They Come? A Geoscience Cyberinfrastructure Baseline Analysis, Data Science Journal (15:1-14). https://datascience.codata.org/article/10.5334/dsj-2016-008/
- Stakeholder Alignment Collaborative. 2017. Five ways consortia can catalyze open science, Nature, 543: 615-618. https://www.nature.com/articles/543615a
- Stall, Shelley, Erin Robinson, Leslie Wyborn, Lynn R. Yarmey, Mark A. Parsons, K. Lehnert, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Brian Nosek, and Bruce Hanson. 2017., Enabling FAIR data across the Earth and space sciences, Eos, 98, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017EO088425. (08 December).
- Shelley Stall, Patricia Cruse, Helena Cousijn, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Anita de Waard, Brooks Hanson, Joerg Heber, Kerstin Lehnert, Mark Parsons, Erin Robinson, Michael Witt, Lesley Wyborn, Lynn Yarmey. 2018. Data Sharing and Citations: New Author Guidelines Promoting Open and FAIR Data in the Earth, Space, and Environmental Sciences” ScienceEditor, Council of Science Editors (01 November). https://www.csescienceeditor.org/article/data-sharing-and-citations-new-author-guidelines-promoting-open-and-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/
- Stan Ahalt, Nick Berente, Jim Bottum, Dana Brunson, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, James Howison, John L. King, Henry Neeman, John Towns, Nancy Wilkins-Diehr, Susan J. Winter. 2019. The Professionalization of Cyberinfrastructure Personnel, Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing, PEARC19. https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3332186.3332225
- Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Joel, and Andrew Hill. 2019. Future Directions at the Intersection of Management Science and Information Science, Basic Research Office, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering and Command, Control, and Communication (C3) Cyber and Business Systems, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, DOPSR Case #19-S-1439. https://basicresearch.defense.gov/Portals/61/FDW_Management%20Science%20and%20Information%20Science.pdf
- Stall, Shelley, Lynn Yarmey, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Brooks Hanson, Kerstin Lehnert, Brian Nosek, Mark Parsons, Erin Robinson, Lesley Wyborn. 2019. Comment: Make all scientific data FAIR, Nature (570), June 6 (27-29). https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-01720-7
- Stakeholder Alignment Collaborative. 2020. Negotiated Sharing of Pandemic Data, Models, and Resources. Negotiation Journal. 36:4 (Fall): 497-534. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/nejo.12340
- Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Joel, Alan R. Gershenfeld, and Neil A. Gershenfeld. 2020. The Promise of Self-Sufficient Production,Sloan Management Review. 62(2): 66-72.
- Patrick Schmitz, Claire Mizumoto, John Hicks, Dana Brunson, Gail Krovitz, James Bottum, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Karen Wetzel and Thomas Cheatham. 2020. A Research Computing and Data Capabilities Model for Strategic Decision-Making, Advanced research computing environments – systems and system software, PEARC20. https://pearc20.sched.com/event/cnWP/a-research-computing-and-data-capabilities-model-for-strategic-decision-making
- Nusser, Sarah M., Joel E. Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Alyssa Mikytuck, and Gizem Korkmaz, G. 2021. Fostering Data Reusability: Increasing Impact and Ease in Sharing and Reusing Research Data – Workshop Report and Action Steps. Report to the NSF. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5390123
- Blatecky, Alan, Damian Clarke, Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, Deborah Dent, Rebecca Hipp, Ana Hunsinger, Al Kuslikas, Lauren Michael. 2021, The Missing Millions: Democratizing Computation and Data to Bridge Digital Divides and Increase Access to Science for Underrepresented Communities. Report to the NSF. https://www.rti.org/publication/missing-millions/fulltext.pdf
- Stakeholder Alignment Collaborative. 2022, forthcoming. Lessons from Multi-Stakeholder Consortia for Public Higher Education Systems, in: Recreating Multi-Campus University Systems, Jim Johnsen, editor. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Stakeholder Alignment Collaborative. 2022, When Launching a Collaboration, Keep It Agile, Stanford Social Innovation Review. 20(2). https://ssir.org/articles/entry/when_launching_a_collaboration_keep_it_agile